From December 1st 2019, your non-emergency transport provider changed from Thames Ambulance Service to East Midlands Ambulance Service.
Patient transport is available for patients who:
- Require assistance from skilled ambulance staff e.g. require access to oxygen whilst travelling
- Have a medical condition that would prevent them from travelling to hospital by any other means
- Have a medical condition that might put them at risk from harm if they were to travel independently
- Have treatment with side effects that require support from skilled ambulance staff
- For patients who are registered with a Northamptonshire GP
Am I entitled to transport?
This will depend on whether you meet the eligibility criteria set out by the local clinical commissioning group. Eligibility will be assessed during the booking process.
How do I request patient transport?
You can book transport up to 24 hours in advance of your appointment date by calling our booking line on 0300 300 3434. Our booking line is open between 8am and 8pm, seven days a week. If you are hard of hearing, deaf or speech impaired, you can contact the service by dialling 18001, followed by the full phone number. Users must have access to the Next Generation Text Service.
Help us to help you
- Cancel transport if no longer required by calling 0300 300 3434
- Advise us of any special requirements
- Be ready to leave when we arrive
- Have your medication and documentation with you
- Take your keys and some money
- Expect to share transport with others
- Respect the no-smoking policy in all vehicles
- Respect our drivers – we have a zero-tolerance policy towards abuse
- Follow the Patient Transport Charter